Thursday, October 8, 2009

Pianist, Philip Fortenberry

Philip and I met at the wedding of his niece Didi Childress and I was very flattered by this stranger who praised my photography so abundantly. Moreso, I was honored when he asked if I would be interested in doing a photo-shoot with him for some upcoming press releases, news reviews and his newest project. Just from listening to him practice I knew that this was an incredible musician who could light up the ivories like few I've ever heard, and so I quickly agreed to the offer and, after the wedding went home to see what I could learn about this man with the glowing green eyes. Here is what I found. Philip is a native of Columbia, MS but now resides in Las Vegas, NV where he works as an associate director for Broadway's famous Jersey Boys! as well as a featured artist at the Liberace museum. His talent brought him to Sin City following a 25 year career in NYC where he played for former President Bush as well as for Lady Margaret Thatcher, Harry Connick Jr., Eartha Kitt and a bevy of Broadway productions including Cats, Ragtime, The Lion King and many more. He has also released a variety of CD's featuring music that he has written or has been inspired by. Philip wears his great acclaim very casually and his kind demeanor soon had me relaxed and laughing with him. We, and one of his colleague's, had a great time chasing the light about Columbia for this very humid and very hot photo-op. The man was a real trooper and I am very pleased with what we caught. Visit his website at http://www.philipfortenberry.com/ and tell him Brandy says hello! =)













No comments:

Post a Comment