Saturday, June 19, 2010

Emma Gwin

Emma was my 1st pet photo-op. I was a little surprised when her "mom" Stacy called and asked me to do a shoot with her 3lb malti-poo but none-the-less, I happily accepted. I am always up for a challenge and believe that working with babies and small children and brides and over-anxious mommies has made me a pretty patient photographer so I expected this session to go so easily. How much "work" could a tiny little pooch be? Did she ever prove me wrong! I got more excercise in running after this little ball of fluff than I ever have on any op but it was so much fun. Outfitted with more collars than you've ever seen a puppy have and with 2buckets full of toys and blankets, Stacy and I worked hard with little Emma to attain some priceless photos. I am thankful for clients who trust their most precious treasures with me and this was no less than just that. Emma isn't only a "pet", she is a therapy-dog used to encourage elderly patients to interact outside of themselves both prolonging and improving their life span. Pretty big job for such a small package but with her sweet personality, I've no doubt she earns her place in Stacy's life as "top-dog" and especially deserved her r&r after a drive all the way from Alabama where we then exhausted her with "collar" changes, setting her up in different backdrops (a Magnolia tree included) and ran her hard through tall grass to get that smiley (tongue out) look. But I believe the results were totally worth it and I think it's kind of cool to now add "pet photographer" to my repertoire.









2 comments:

  1. Love Emma & Stac Gwin!!! Cute Pics :)
    ummm ready for a New Orleans run with my kiddos???

    ReplyDelete
  2. lets do it girl! contact me via email - and thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete